5 Quick Things about…@newfirewithin
1. Old -school NES games (along with The Simpsons) are near and dear to my heart. So much of my childhood is buried in that 8-bit contraption. It makes me warm and fuzzy. I still play them on my Android phone. Some of my faves were /are Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, StarTropics, Contra, Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest, Mega Man 2, Super Dogde Ball, hmmm. I could probably go on, but I won’t.
2. I’m a frustrated drummer. I still play guitar quasi -regularly. But, the drums are difficult to bang around on due to space constraints and many small children running around my house. Here’s a video of me and my fake band, Staff Infection, jamming a Guns ‘N Roses song for my school. Staff Infection on Vimeo.
3. Photography is another interest of mine, although I pretty much suck at it right now. My wife gave me a great DSLR camera for my birthday last year. I’m reading, watching, and learning, but it’s a crapshot anytime I take it off of auto.
4. I almost only read non -fiction. Although I do actually enjoy reading many of the same books my 4th graders like. Fantasy is my favorite kind of fiction.
5. I truly live my Twitter bio. I’m passionate about helping kids read and write better. Jesus is changing me into a better person every day that I let Him. My wife and I were married before we were 20. I love her more than any other person on the face of the Earth. We have four amazing children that leave me breathless every time I stop to think about them. Yeppers.